December 25, 2010

Sobek


During 2010, I worked on a board game called Sobek. My job was to design all the graphics (illustrations).

I just received several copies and I must say I am greatly surprised with the result. In addition, the packaging is superb!

About Sobek:
Ancient Egypt... The temple of Sobek is being built and the market place is thriving. Loads of goods arrive by ship for the construction site and it is a race to pick the best items in order to sell them with the most profit.
Of course, with so much at stake, not all the moves are legal, corruption is everywhere and cordiality scarce. Because in the end there can be only one winner!

Links:
Official Sobek WebPage
Rules (PDF)

--

Au cours de 2010, j'ai travaillé sur un jeu de société nommé Sobek. Ma responsabilité était de concevoir tout le visuel (illustrations).

Je viens de recevoir plusieurs exemplaires et je doit dire que je suis agréablement surpris du résultat. De plus, le packaging est superbe!

À propos de Sobek:
L'Egypte antique... Le temple de Sobek est en cours de construction, et le marché local est en pleine effervescence.
De précieuses cargaisons arrivent par bateaux sur le site de construction et c'est la foire d'empoigne pour sélectionner les meilleures marchandises, puis les vendre en réalisant un maximum de profit.
La concurrence est rude, et, dans la confrérie des marchands, les coups bas et la corruption ont pris le pas sur la camaraderie. Normal, il ne peut y avoir qu'un seul gagnant !

4 comments:

Aimee B said...

je veux jouer !!

Carl-Alexandre Malartre said...

Wow très beau! J'ai hâte de jouer!!!

Zapf said...

Hi We just got Sobek in our Comicstore here in germany and I was so amazed by illustration that I just had to find out who made them.It was kinda hard cause I couldn´t find you name anywhere on the game.
Anyway I like you style chapeau! I´m looking forward to see more of your art.
Best wishes ZAPF

Saymone said...

C'est très beau! You're the man!